News

SMF - Just Installed!

Best places to get stuff!

Guest · 1457

Fwiffo

on: September 28, 2021, 03:54:09 PM
Personally, I use Roland for anything I can't find elsewhere, and captops (They do have the best captops, even if they're insanely expensive).

NEVER get data cables from Roland... they are the worst quality cables, and they often don't survive the very first use!

Sign-in-China.com for just about everything... been using them for years.

Digiprint for certain hard to find boards and heads, if necessary.

Reflllable cartridges: https://versauv.com/index.php?topic=7.0

√Čtienne

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 07:51:18 PM
Sign-In-China is a godsend. Thanks for the link on the cartridges!

Not sure if this belongs in another category, but I've been a loyal customer of Inkmed's, specifically for Servo Board repairs. I know they do service other types of boards, too. New boards can run you a grand or more, and they've never failed to fix them up for just a couple hundred...

Best to reach them by email: [email protected]

Fwiffo

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 08:21:33 PM
Ooh... Very good to know.  I'm not much good at replacing transistors.  How do you ship it safely?  Antistatic bag?

√Čtienne

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 07:41:29 PM
Antistatic bags are definitely the "right" thing to do, though I've sent them in regular ziploc times quite a few times, with seemingly no issues. Get the antistatc bags to be safe though, they're much cheaper than the cost of a broken board:

https://www.amazon.ca/daarcin-Resealable-8-26x9-45-21x24cm-Electronic/dp/B083B79W1L/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=antistatic+bag&qid=1633376271&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNjkyOFNBQUlQSko1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzUwNjY5VzRIOUsyNEFEVFdWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNzc4NzEyQ1BCUUhST1VTV0pSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

As for transistors, so long as you know which one needs to be replaced, it's very easy to find someone to help. Any local phone/computer repair guy can solder well enough to get the job done, and probably for next to nothing. Making friends with that kind of person is probably a very good move for this kind of work...

√Čtienne

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 07:53:22 PM
Thought I'd add a couple more supplies here before I log off.

Disposable gloves: depending on how much ink you get on your hands, you might end up regretting the brand you get. Ink can sometimes break down the plastic the gloves are made of, so to be safe, I try and use the slightly more expensive "Microflex Supreno EC gloves", which I get from a supplier in Toronto called Goudey (416-531-4669). They're made for painters.

Syringes: I like to buy these in bulk, but you can keep them usable for a while so long as you clean them after each use. I get curved tip, 12cc/ml dental irrigation syringes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Glide-1012-Curved-Tip-Dental-Syringe-12cc-QTY-600-BULK-STERILE-/283366931364